Prep for Listing and Photos
• Use incandescent light bulbs, all lights working and fixtures clean and bright
• De-clutter and de-personalize
• The cleaner the better
• Make any needed cosmetic repairs (can wait to do other repairs after you move out)
• Clean windows — sunshine makes all the difference!
Before a Tenant Moves In
• Deep clean the house (if not already complete) — the standard of clean YOU SET is the standard we hold the tenant to
• Have the carpets professionally cleaned — we require the tenant to do the same on move-out
• Inspect/clean any wood-burning fireplaces
• Clean gutters (tenants clean gutters after their move-in)
• Fresh caulk in all bathrooms, and kitchen if needed
• All toilets working well — replace flappers if needed
• Fresh furnace filter — leave a couple for the tenant — they are required to change
Read full article here.
Original article written by Betty Best